12826847

I have a business as a neighbour, and he has taken a dislike

Customer Question

Hi,I have a business as a neighbour, and he has taken a dislike to my wife for various reasons, but mainly because we oppose his planning applications at the planning committee meetings. Of late he has taken to writing to our neighbours, spreading lies and slander about my wife, saying she is a bad Pearson and she is the ringleader making them ( the neighbours) oppose his business expansion, and that they should distance themselves from her. He is now saying he will take legal action for substantial damages because my wife has opposed his business. This has upset my wife as it is untrue.My question ; is there anything I can do to stop this man ( the CEO of the business) from writing these mails to my neighbours, and harassing them and driving a wedge between good neighbours ? I have copies of the mails , there is a lot of history here.Thank you for your time.Howard silver
Berkshire
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Is he saying anything defamatory ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi ,First cut and paste is recent mail to neighbour, and pdf attached is the first letter posted a few months ago . None of the content is true about my wife Mrs silver, and these threats of legal action seem ludicrous .Content pastedSent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:From: "Phil Magurn" <*****@******.***>
Date: 24 March 2018 at 18:27:05 GMT
To: <*****@******.***>, <*****@******.***>
Subject: FW: Steve - I thought I had better do the friendly thing and give you the heads upHi Howie,
GJ losing the plot again. 3rd set of threats I have received since Christmas. Sorry you are also getting the unpleasantness now, Steve.
Phil
From: Graham Joyce <*****@******.***>
Sent: 24 March 2018 12:55
To:***@******.***
Cc:***@******.***
Subject: Steve - I thought I had better do the friendly thing and give you the heads up
AV Email Signature NEW
Hi Steve
Mrs Silver has chosen to make another unnecessay complaint about a hedge that the Authority do not own and which is mine to do what I want with. The front looks superb. Regretably, this could affect you so I am giving you the chance to take action now to avoid this.
I want to be your friend.
As background you should know I have now been paid several thousand pounds in compensation by Thames Valley Police for an appalling attempt to get me a criminal record for an assault that never took place.
The police have now written to me confirming that those people went to Newbury Police Station and lied. You know who they are. They lied and signed false statements. The police were them misled into overeacting and they have had to compensate me with money they do not have. I have the letters and the cheques to back this up.. The police say those people lied. The cheques are for many thousands of pounds. They have also paid my companies legal fees.
I am your best neighbour – I am invisible.
I am giving you the “heads-up”. I am now briefing my legal team again. I have written statements from the police and it is been made clear today that Mrs Silver will not stop unless the courts are involved. I don’t want to do this but she has forced my hand.
I will win because the Police clearly say who lied. They have also paid out.
I am politely asking you to remove all the libellous content about me and Anchor Vans on the Keep Midgham Rural Facebook page.. When you do this I wont have to include you or Caroline in the legal process..
My action is for substantial damages – way more than we got from the police - this material is highly libellous and has cost me and my companies substantial distress and financial loss. I estimate some £200,000.per year but look how long it has been going on.
I also plan to get the Crown Prosecution Service to persue those responsible for the criminal offence of perverting the course of justice, and if they don’t want to take it on I will seek damages. Perverting the course of justice carries a custodial sentence. The “balance pf probability” is a very low bar when you already have a written statement from the police saying who lied.
There is absolutely no reason for you and I to fall out. I like you. I am asking you nicely to do the decent thing without me using the courts.
Scroll down to see your Facebook Role shown with your responsibilities.
I have a complete copy of the Facebook page stored on our server – you are not removing evidence that I may need later on.
You = “I don't act as a moderator on Facebook for the posts of others. I rarely look at the site these days, I find it quite dull.”
cid***@******.***
cid***@******.***
I sincerely ***** ***** address this issue. You cannot disclaim responsibility when you and Caroline are the only moderators.
Remove it and there is no need to involve you.
Hoping you want to be a decent citizen – I credit you with that and now is the time to show it.
I have copied Phil Magurn – he has an interest in this in a fairly big way.
This is the start – it’s a shame as it didn’t need to be like this. We have had a good year and I have committed substantial funds to obtaining justice and compensation..
Graham
Graham Joyce B.Sc. (Mech. Eng.) F.I.M.I.
Chairman and CEO Anchor Group Companies
Anchor House
Bath Rd
Padworth
RG7 5JF
0118 9710 230 / 07748 443344This message is from Anchor Vans Ltd who have taken every precaution to ensure it is free from any harmful contents. It is, however, solely the responsibilty of the recipient to ensure the security of their systems and Anchor Vans Ltd accept no responsibility for any damage caused by the receipt of this message.
This message is for the attention of the stated recipient only, should you have received it in error please notify the sender and discard the contents securely.
Anchor Vans Ltd are not responsible for the views of individuals that may be expressed in the

I do not know if it is true?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry , what is your question ? What exactly do you ‘not know if it is true ? ‘. ... hmm how do I know if a refund of my £45 is true ?... good question .. let me try for a refund and let you know Jamie
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Caveat emptor ? Should I look to PayPal for the refund also ?

Have you reported it to the Police?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Which ? Justanswer , or my neighbour Jamie ? Forgive my cynicism
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, Jamie law, I’ll get a refund please,, as I don’t fully understand your 2 answers.