12826847

I purchased a leather sofa in Jan 2017, Cost £4800, part of

Customer Question

I purchased a leather sofa in Jan 2017, Cost £4800, part of which was a sofa protection plan inc accidental cover. In Aug 2017 I made a claim against this plan which was accepted. In the eight months following the insurance company has send three engineers, one to inspect and two to repair (both of which rejected the replacement parts as sub standard) I am no closer to resolving the claim than on the day it was accepted. Do I have a claim against the supplier who appointed the insurer? I now want a full refund and collection of the sofa
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What is wrong with the sofa?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We spilt a dog flea treatment on part of the leather which took the colouring out of one seat . This claim was accepted under the policy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

really ?

did they know the cause?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they accepted it as accidental damage which it was , its now eight months since they accepted it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi , so can you offer an opinion do I have grounds to start a legal case and what are my chances
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jo, did you have an answer for my question please ?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

hello - ive been asked to look at this for you

what was the last communication from the insurers please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was that their engineer had rejected the replacement part and sent it back , the insurer had said the part was fine and sent it back to us, I refuted the quality based on the engineers report and am awaiting a response

If the repair cannot be done satisfactorily, does the insurance policy allow for replacement in its terms and conditions?

Do you think it’s the case that repairing it to the standard it should be is an impossibility?

What exactly are these replacement parts and what is substandard about them?