How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife has a 25% share in her parents house that was

Customer Question

My wife has a 25% share in her parents house that was bequethed to her in her parents will. Her name is ***** ***** deeds to the house along with her 3 siblings at the Land Registery. We have applied for a mortgage and as I understand it we need a solicitor to 1) Arrange the equity transfer (the 3 siblings are in a greement) 2) Arrange the transfer of the house into the names of my wife and myself 3) Distribute the mortgage funds plus 'deposit' to the siblings. Can this be handles by a single solicitor or does there need to be one for the 3 siblings (or executors of the will - of which my wife is one) and a separate one for us as the purchasers?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. 4) is to settle the stamp duty on the 75% covered by the equity transfer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am happy to chat on the phone. I will send you the offer, but afraid it will be more than the basic payment you have made, if that is OK.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still no reply to my question after 1 week?