Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

On a recent holiday, we were promised that on a 'no win-no

Customer Question

On a recent holiday, we were promised that on a 'no win-no fee' basis, we could recoup money we had paid to a firm called 'Eze Group' (circa £40K). We spent all day with this organisation and after agreeing to this we were told that we had to register our 'claim' for a cost of £6,000, which, stupidly, we did. It all sounded genuine at the time and we were shown 'evidence' of other people who had successfully done this. Once we arrived home, we left messages with the firm's office, but no-one got back to us, so I believe we have been well and truly 'scammed'! Is there anyway someone from your organisation can help us please? Should you need further information our phone number is ***** 876622. Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Did you pay for this on a credit card? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we did.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your message. If this is a scam and a case of fraud, or you have not received what you have paid for, then you are protected under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Your credit card company is required by law to refund you. I would contact your credit card company and ask for the S.75 claim process. Is the company based in the UK?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does this work even if we have signed things, expecting them to deliver what they promised? The credit card company is based in the UK, it is Tesco Finance - a mastercard.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Yes - if you ordered a service and did not receive what you expected(effectively in breach of contract) you request a S.75 refund. Kind regards AJ