How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34863
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

This is regarding divorce case which is filed by my wife

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,This is regarding divorce case which is filed by my wife mentioning a unreasonable behaviour which is not true at all.I never involved in any adultery or deserted her or involved in any physical abuse or Boozing .Presently I am in between the devil and deep sea situation as not able to accept divorce being one sided .I wanted to defend divorce but don’t have financial capacity to hire solicitors on top of on-going unavoidable expenses of running a house where myself, my wife & son are living together for the last 10 years.I can either pay solicitors fees or either pay for home Mortgage/Council tax/Home insurance/Gas, electricity Bills /Insurances ( life /car /home/Breakdown covers )/car expenses etc.Best Regards,
Mohit Chauhan
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
She has done MBA finance from London, she was working in reputed IT firm working for clients like ministry of Justice and many others.Since 2010 she started investing her money in her own personal investments like flat in India /gold /diamonds and for paying out expenses she started looking upon me. Slowly she started stopped sharing the financial responsibility to run the house. She only told me that she wanted to buy property in India with her own money and for that she won't be in position to pay her share in mortgage here in UK . So I supported her as well by paying full monthly mortgage of our house even though she stopped paying her share since her maternity leaves started around 2009.And this saga is ongoing .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mine main question for you how should I fight back /defend my divorce case ?Seeing my wife justification for unreasonable behaviour -As mentioned by her I left her alone when I am going to India on holidays. Just getting married and having kids doesn't make me run away from my responsibility towards my old age parents. Just to support my wife I wasn't going to India during school days so that it doesn't hamper her works in gold/diamond industry. I used to go in long school holidays .Just to support her I always asked her If I can take my son on holiday so that she can go to work during holiday and don't have to sit home taking care of child. BUT she always denied regarding sending my son with me during long vacation.As I have old parents I do have to meet them every year to support them. I used to ask my son every year to accompany me India, but because of her denial, my son never went with me. I always wanted to take my son on holidays to India so that my wife can work if she wants to work during son's holiday.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have marriage of 11 years and living together under same roof .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My wife allegation , I never shared bed with her .My justification she always wanted to sleep with my son (Eight year old) out of motherly love. And moreover due to mine snoring while sleeping with me , she would leave bedroom and sleep with my son.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 10 months ago.

so what is your question>

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mine main question for you how should I fight back /defend my divorce case ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
defend allegation ?
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 10 months ago.

Without wishing to state the obvious, spending money on expensive lawyers arguing about who is going to divorce who or on what ground is rarely seen to be productive. In general terms, the Court will always look to encourage parties engaged in combat by defended divorce to look for alternative ways of resolving their differences.

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 9 months ago.

Has this been resolved now?