Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A client of mine suffered a small injury by accident, during

Customer Question

A client of mine suffered a small injury by accident , during a beauty treatment at my beauty salon with a machine for non invasive face lifting . She is threatening legal action . However we gave her 2 free facials as compensation shortly after it happened , which she accepted . She is now asking for a full refund on the treatment she had that caused the injury and another course of treatments that she bought at the same time . If I pay the full refund , is she still likely to win a court case for damages ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Was it in writing that this was in full and final settlement?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok

Or if you refund will you ask her to confirm it is in full and final settlement?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it wasnt
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have refunded already , but she said she is still going to take legal action

Did she say if you refund me I wont take legal action?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No she didn’t , she just demanded a refund , even for treatments which she had had after the accident , which I have paid

Ok - can you still be taken to Court - yes.

If you had agreed it was in full and final settlement then the answer would be no, she couldn't take you to Court.

But anyway, you should have public liability insurance which should cover you.

But yes, unless it was specifically agreed in a full and final settlement, she can take you to Court.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it’s fine thank you

I am sorry it is not better news. Please do take a moment to rate my service before you go today. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What sort of damages should I offer for out of court settlement ? The client was left with a blister which got infected and has had to have antibiotics . It may also scar her gp said

If it is on the face it could be around £10,000.

But your insurance would cover that.

Does that assist?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.