12826847

My son aged 12 was kicked in his genitals by another child

Customer Question

My son aged 12 was kicked in his genitals by another child age 12 in temper. This caused extensive damage to his penis resulting in surgery and hospitalization for two days. My son has Cerebral Palsy which was known by the other child and was shouted at him during the assault. Will this child be procescuted for this offense.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Have the police arrested anybody?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Up until yesterday 12 days after the assault was reported they still had not interviewed the child concerned
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

I have to be honest. It is quite unlikely they would prosecute a 12 year old for public interest reasons.

It is possible that they could offer a youth caution.

The fact of the serious injury mitigates in favour of a prosecution but there are certainly no guarantees.

I am sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That’s helpful thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/