12826847

This is a insurance question. My house is hugely damaged by

Customer Question

This is a insurance question. My house is hugely damaged by an internal flood. The insurance policy states that I have No Tenants but I did have tenants that I though I had registered a couple of years ago. My mistake, I didn't check the updated policy details. The tenants left on 23.1. and the flood happened on 8.3. How will this impact on my policy?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

Is this a buy to let property, and if so, what kind of insurance policy did you have on it.

Was the damage caused by the tenants? It seems unlikely because of the dates but please confirm

Can you please let explain what has changed with the occupancy of the property and what has changed with the insurance?

So the flood happened some months after the tenants moved out?

What caused the flood?

As much background detail as possible would be helpful please. Thank you