LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I habe problem with my Lanlord.. I tenant I had a major

I habe problem with my Lanlord..I tenantI had a major surgery two months ago so i am in recovery periodstill i have borken leghe is not planning to renew contractI can not handle this situation now with this broken leg..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

I am assuming that you have an assured shorthold tenancy the fixed term of which either has expired or is about to expire. If this is right your landlord has to serve a notice ending the tenancy and then after the time limit in that (usually 2 months) has expired he can then commence possession proceedings. If he follows the correct procedure he will be able to get an order for possession. The whole process form service of notice to order usually takes about 4 months.

Your injuries do not give you any rights with your landlord. They might if severe enough entitle you to help from the local authority.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is severe so I am going to contact with local authority for housingThey might do something maybeAnyway, thank you.

OK. Pleass elet me know if I can be of any furtehr help.

I woudl be very grateful if you would please rate my answer as I will not get paid for answering unless you do so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In this case is council has any obligationIf my recovery fail who is going to be responsible for itLandlord ?People are crazyI had major operation and he is asking me to move

Indeed they are.