F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I need help on tracing money that my brother has control

Customer Question

I need help on tracing money that my brother has control from sale of my mother house in 2007 l have Lasting power of attorney. My mother now needs to go into a care home and I need to money to top up the cost of my mother care what are my rights in this situation.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 months ago.

Hello for clarification - can you explain why he had sole control?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He told mum he had p.o.a. And he had her to make a will in his name making him execute the will when the time is right.My mothers money from sale of house has been put into bank and they have put mum in shelter housing and council have charged mum small amount of rent and council rates.

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. The notification that you wanted a telephone call is only just come through to me. I have clients from 1030 until 230 but can ring you any of the time. Please let me know when convenient.

Meanwhile, do you know which solicitors dealt with the sale in 2007?

What problems are you having with your brother?

If I could have the full background to your brother’s involvement here that would be useful please. Thank you

Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 days ago.

I see that you have requested a telephone call.

I’m happy to call you but before I do, I need the full background please including the replies to the questions I asked back on 12 April. Thank you