How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My dog was attacked by another dog and the owner admitted

Customer Question

My dog was attacked by another dog and the owner admitted full fault and his insurance paid me saying to claim ecess but the owner as refused to pay the excess what can I do about it thanks alot .
Look forward to hearing from you.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How much is the excess?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

you can always sue him at the small claims court.

It is a shame that he has chosen to adopt this attitude but unfortunately he has. There is no way around it.

You need to warn him of your intention to sue by sending him a letter before action giving him 14 days to pay.

If he does not then you can issue here

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your help I will do what you suggest. Thanks again Ray Ford
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile