12826847

My dog was attacked by another dog and the owner admitted

Customer Question

My dog was attacked by another dog and the owner admitted full fault and his insurance paid me saying to claim ecess but the owner as refused to pay the excess what can I do about it thanks alot .
Look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How much is the excess?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
163;250
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

you can always sue him at the small claims court.

It is a shame that he has chosen to adopt this attitude but unfortunately he has. There is no way around it.

You need to warn him of your intention to sue by sending him a letter before action giving him 14 days to pay.

If he does not then you can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your help I will do what you suggest. Thanks again Ray Ford
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/