12826847

How can you tell if have case against you or what type

Customer Question

how can you tell if have case against you or what type
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just wondered can you check please if any cases going to be held against you or if one is now divorce or otherwise .
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no thanks i have a solicitor appointment friday . just wasnt sure if you can check records for sk5 6qa area thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

You do have various options. You can make a subject access request but that takes an unacceptable length of time.

The other alternative is to get your solicitor to contact the local police to find out if there are any warrants out for your arrest. Often they will comply with a request from a solicitor as it is in their interests to arrange an appointment to surrender voluntarily.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you i have asked police myself but no response
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

No they probably won't for data protection reasons.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you really helpful.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/