How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I am separated from my husband since 09/10/2016 sadly he is

Customer Question

I am separated from my husband since 09/10/2016 sadly he is still living at the same address we have 12 years child.And my husband demanding 50% of house value he stops paying any household bills or child maintenances he newer paid anyway Yesterday I received Thames water bill addressed on my name which means he changed from his name without my consequences. I confronted my husband his answer that I should speak to the Thames water.I did call Thames water and was told that my husband called them on 27/March to remove his name claiming that he is no longer living in a current address.After I explained everything to gentlemen online He assured me that he is going to put Thames water bill back to my husband's name.Can anybody help and tell me what is my right, as my husband is weary aggressive I am weary frighten for my safety.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Hello for clarification - how long have you been together and married in total?

why did you leave the property and not him?

is the child with him?

what is the outcome you would desire here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am still living at the same address we are married for 32 years allso child is living at thsame address
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi apparently am charged already £47 I dont understand way should I pay extra£ for you to call me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what is the answer
Sorry bat I am just confused are you charging me per answer
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

The telephone call is optional extra. You don’t have to have it.

We can carry on corresponding on here. You pay one fee for the total exchange, not per reply

You are not responsible for the mortgage or the bills other rental of a house that you do not live in although you remain liable to any lender or landlord if he remains in the property and stopped paying although you have the right to recover that money from him within the break down of the eventual financial settlement as part of any divorce or legal separation.

If you have a 12-year-old child, then whoever gets the right to live in the house will depend on who has care of that child. If the child is living with you, and you fear domestic violence and particularly if there has been a history of the same, you can apply to court to get a non-molestation order to stop him coming within 100 m of you and allow you to move back into the house.

In respect of Thames Water, make sure that you follow everything up in writing.

Unless a sale of the house would provide enough money to provide a whole for the parent who is caring for the child and give the other spouse some money, then a sale of the house is not on the cards until the child reaches 18.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mr Smith Let me try to explain again My house is paid off the housing market value is £470.000 both of us are still living in the some house my husband in the loft ensuit and me and our two sons in bedrooms
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

When you say you were separated, do you mean a legal separation or you were just living apart in the same house? It wasn’t a legal separation, or a divorce, then you are still married and none of the finances he would be dealt with until you have started either divorce or legal separation proceedings