Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My car has been taken and wasn't paid for what can i do.the

my car has been taken and wasn't paid for what can i do.the man took the car and see me as old and probably thinks that i am foolish

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am not very good on the computer I press the wrong question so I am still awaiting an answer.***@******.***

Yes I asked -

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i have not received an answer as yet

I know. I need more information.

I have asked if you can explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I had a word with a police and she asked theclient to ring me and he phone me and he requested my bank
details.You have said that it is a disclaimer. that cannot be true.I have paid you and I am not happy.
I cannot afford to pay out money like that.I want my money from that man.

I really do not understand your question.

Have you brought a car that is on finance?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
a police contacted the man and asked him to ring me.he asked to send my bank details to him.
I have his request on my phone.In the first instance I gave him my bank details what has he done with them.
I cannot call you because it is too expensive.
cora

Ok - but why did you give someone else your bank details?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i gave the man my details because it is a company and i assume that is the way
they conduct their business. i went to the bank to see if the money was paid in
my a/c and it wasn't. I was caught .

Do you know the address of the man? How much was sent?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I arranged with O'kane Commercials to buy my car. He came on the 9/4/2018 and checked the car,he offered £80-00 and I accepted.He put the car on his truck and then he asked me for my bank details and I gave him. He said that is the bank they
deal with and it would be in the bank within one hour.I went to the bank the following day and the money was not paid in. I felt
that I was tricked and went to the police who advised to give it a few more days. I went back to the police on the 12/04/2018 because no money was paid into my account. The police took my particulars and I assume phone him because he rang me and left a message on my phone asking for my bank details.I rang him four times and he hasn't returned my call.He rang me last Monday requesting my details and I have not phone back. I am fed up with this and I want action.

Do you know where this person / company is now?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
O'Kane Commercials,Vehicle Disposal
(south east export group)
Jobs Lane,
Sayers Common
Hassocks, West Sussex,BN6 9HE

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
100%

Thanks - if you could click the 5 star button please? Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
100%

Thanks! But please, you need to click the 5 star button on the screen!