Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I recently received a letter from Halifax stated that my

Customer Question

Hello there,
I recently received a letter from Halifax stated that my account has been closed, there is no reason and no explanation, I just wonder if you can help me please?Many thanksJo
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you have any unusual transactions Jo?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don’t think so,I called they,a lady said something about last July,then I believe I made a complaint about a fraud
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also used my personal account as business account for the last four months,that’s because I only started business,I wanted wait to see if I can make any progress,but the bank didn’t say that’s the reason of closing my account

Ah, well you should not have used a personal account for business - that might be a factor.

But you should write and make a formal complaint.

Their address for that is:

Head of Customer Services
Halifax
PO Box 761
Leeds
LS1 9JF

They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If they do not uphold the complaint then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

They regulate these people and can examine your complaint for free. You can contact them at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

That should resolve the problem.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I made compliant to both of they, if they still want to close my account ,whats next please?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it will my credit rate I believe, as I won't be able to open another account with big banks for the next six years
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please guide me the next step

It wont affect your credit rating as it is not adverse.

If they still want to close your account, there is nothing you can do. You will have to open elsewhere.

But it does not affect your credit rating unless there is any indication of fraud.

Does that clarify?