13262538

My great grandfather past away in 2004 but I never got to

Customer Question

My great grandfather past away in 2004 but I never got to see any of his possessions as everyone belived they should go to me been the closest to him and it been more sentimental than value but I was told since he had no will his brothers wife was contesting it and had it out in probate but in that time now and again I have tried to searched the government website for probates and wills but cannot find any record and didn't know my next move any help would be appreciated.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did any of his children survive him?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He had no children
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I thought you said he was your great grandfather?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a really weird situation in my mother was adopted into his family as far as I'm aware I always called him grandad but was told he was my great grandfather the problem is I'm lacking details there was never any talk of children when he was alive. And none ever visited or have been mentioned after
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

If he had no children - how many brothers and sisters did he have?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 brothers one was in a residential home and it is his wife I got told was contesting on his behalf and the other brother agreed with the rest of the family that it should have gone to me or so I was told
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I am afraid that the simple fact is that in the absence of a Will and since he had no children all his estate would legally belong to his brothers

It may well be that there was not enough in the estate to make it worth applying for Letters f Administration - but sadly there is no action that you can now take in any event

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details