Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I paid money for a marketing material, and they didn't do

Customer Question

i paid money for a marketing material, and they didn't do the service , can i stop the event from taking place .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please ex;plain your situation in a bit more detail

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was money to an organisation to help them do event , they were meant to market my business and it didn't happen , i have asked for my money back and they have refused to pay it back. This was just lat week . The event is taking place in June , can i stop the event from taking place , because thy refused to pay the money back and want to use my money for event.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I HAVE ALREADY PAID PLEASE CAN I HAVE AN ANSWER

You cannot stop the event but you can pursue them for the return of the money, if they have not provided the services they paid for. Even if they are using your money for the event, you cannot actually stop the event from going ahead. So you will have to take steps to pursue them for the money alone and try to get it back that way.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you need to follow to take this further. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WHAT STEPS CAN I FOLLOW