13262538

When there is a death and the will has proceeds, is it

Customer Question

When there is a death and the will has proceeds, is it common for there to be both a Demurrage charge of 70 pounds per day and handling and clearance charges. There are supposedly 521 days of Demurrag charges that have accumulated.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about what is happening please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A friend is trying to gain access to her parents late father's estate in London, England. According to the will, the inheritance is 9.6 million US dollars. I have a copy of the will and an email from the director of the estate which says she would need to pay a 35,400 pound for Demurrage Charges and 5,200 ponds handling and clearance charge. The reason for the large charge is that there is a 70 pound per day fee and it has been 521 days since his passing. She apparently was not aware of any charges and let time pass as she was told by her father not to trust an uncle. Are those charges normal and is there a way for me to validate the will. She does not have the funds to get her inheritance. I have asked the Director if the charges and fees could come out of the proceeds of the inheritance and he said no.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

I feared as much

This is a scam I am afraid - there are no such charges - and no money is waiting for your friend.

In the event that your friend is a beneficiary under a Will then the money would be transferred to her in the normal way - with all costs being deducted prior to the balance being transferred

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How does she find our if the will is authentic so that she can still collect her inheritance? Or are you saying the whole thing is a fraud and there is nothing for her?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

I am afraid that the whole thing is a fraud and there is no money waiting for her I am afraid