12826847

I have applied for equity release and they have found a F

Customer Question

I have applied for equity release and they have found a F class entry on the land registry put on by the previous owner which should have been removed when we purchased the house in 19
75 and that I need either a death certificate or a divorce cert.
to remove it. As we only have our state pension to live on and no savings we cannot afford a solicitor. Please tell me how we can get this F class charge removed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 months ago.

Hello - and this was told to you by the equity release company?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the land reg
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please let ne know whats happening

Hello. I’m afraid that this is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore, we may be delayed getting back to you, particularly weekend and evenings or if we have clients or other users.

I’m happy to telephone you as requested (there is an extra cost for a telephone call I hope you understand, please confirm you are okay with that) but before doing that, I need some more information from you please.

Have you sent a Form K13 to the to the Land Charges Department to remove the entry and if so, can you let me have a copy of the correspondence requisition which they have come back with?

In respect of the equity release, you would normally need a solicitor to deal with that in any event and removing this charge is something they would deal with.

You can get copies of marriage and death certificates from the Gen Register Office provided you know the date of the event.