How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My uncle paid for my council house £300,000 in the LAST 3

Customer Question

my uncle paid for my council house £300,000 in the LAST 3 YEARS he has now passed and left an estate in excess of 500,000 who pays the inheritance tax on my property
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What does the Will say?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also inherit £15,000
The power of the executor
To pay legally enforceable debts funeral expenses and all expenses in connection with the administration of my estate except any debt secured by real and or personal property which is to be assumed by the recipient of such property
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

What does the Will say about any IHT owing because of your property?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Then it is a debt of the Estate and no claim can be made against you in respect of it.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details