Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Have been receiving threatening letters from a private

have been receiving threatening letters from a private parking firm demanding payment .they have not shown any evidence of my breach of parking .they are now threatening to contact my employer and take money direct also have the threat of bailiffs. i am happy to take it to court however the only number provided is a payment line with no option to speak to anyone.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you ever get a ticket?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no ticket just a letter in post demanding payment one month later civil enforcement ltd Horton house Liverpool L2 3PF

Have you asked them for evidence?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i cant contact them the only number given just payment line no options to speak to live person

OK - I really would not worry.

They can not send in bailiffs without a Court order. You would know about that and be given an opportunity to defend.

They can't contact your employer and take money. The same applies - they would need to issue a claim.

This just sounds like a scam. I would report it to Trading Standards.

But do not pay - you do not ow anything.

They can not take any action without taking it to Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.