Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am currently involved in trying too but a house I made an

I am currently involved in trying too but a house
I made an offer but because I have a mortgage and not buying through them connells have fed the buyer false information saying I have a house too sell when I don’t
Is this legal ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

It is not illegal, I can tell you that, it is a civil matter

But it is a breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thankyou ,What is the reprimand or what do I do regarding this breach ?

Depends what you want to achieve. If you want compensation you need to sue for it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.