How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13198
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My mums physical health has deteriorated significantly in

This answer was rated:

My mums physical health has deteriorated significantly in the last year. She is mentally very on the ball but physically unable to get to banks, insurance services etc to manage her affairs. She cannot walk and is in constant pain.
What do we need to do, my brother and I to be able to deal with her financial affairs for her?
She has power of attorney in her will to us but is this just if she is mentally incapable ?
She is very willing that we be able to help her in any way we can. She is currently hospitalized due to another fall and will most likely need a lot more help when / if she gets home.
Would be very grateful for your advice as to how my brother and I can help deal with her financial affairs

Thank you for your question. Your mother needs to make a lasting power of attorney attorney which will allow you and your brother to manage her affairs for her. This can cover both financial and welfare issues. You can see a solicitor about this but before you do you should read this information on the government website which you will find helpful. I hope that starts you in the right direction and that it helps you. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thankyou very much

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you