12826847

I spoke to two members of staff at my Son's school regarding

I spoke to two members of staff at my Son's school regarding a serious complaint I am making.Following the meeting, I received and email from the headteacher informing me that one member of staff "felt threatened"
during the meeting.This is completly without foundation and no specifics were mentioned. At no stage was I abusive or agrressive, used aggressive language or was in any way physically intimidating. The email is viewab;e by other staff at the school.I am concenerd that, by implication, I have been accused of threatening behaviour which could be construed as assault.I would like the allegation withdrawn in writing. How might I approach this problem from a legal perspective?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve?
he is entitled to say that he received a report they felt threatened. It doesn't imply an assault at all or, in fact, any unlawful conduct. Threats can be perfectly lawful.

It is probably a good idea to write back putting on record that you dispute that you did anything to cause her to feel like that and it is worth doing it in writing but you cannot force him to withdraw.

This does not amount to a defamation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is very helpful. Thank you.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/