Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How do I take action against someone who has knowingly

How do I take action against someone who has knowingly submitted false statements to court (it's a civil matter relating to bankruptcy in the Central London County Court).

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Has the court made any findings on the statements?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No they ruled in his favour
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My evidence was an audio recording of a meeting which proves his perjury, however the judge said it needed to be translated and a full transcript wasn't available. So he didn't take it into account

Ok. Then that is a problem for you. You need to make an application to the court to have those statements assessed and examined,

You can’t take action, only the court can. If there is a lie then even then the court can decide not to refer the case to the Attorney General for prosecution.

But you can make an application to court to have the statements examined and overturned.

You are asking for findings to be made on the back of a false statement of truth.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My secretly recorded audio of a meeting, which is my key evidence, how do I submit it to the court so the judge does take into consideration?

You would need to submit an appeal. A transcript should always be with an audio.

That is so the judge can read it. You therefore need to appeal on the basis the judge refused to consider it.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a time limit for this?

21 days, outside of which you need to seek leave to appeal out of time.

Does that clarify.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks