Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How do I start a professional negligence claim against an

How do I start a professional negligence claim against an insolvency practitioner who gave me misleading advice? What form do I need to complete, which court should it be sent to and what are the likely court fees? I have an audio recording of him (secretly recorded) giving me misleading advice, which cost me at least £200,000 (not including consequential losses.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Given the value you may not be able to issue only and you should get a public access Barrister to draft pleadings and represent you in court.

You can find one at

Www.clerksroomdirect.com

Www.mybarrister.co.uk

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.