How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13192
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

On Friday 20 April 2018, my wife and I signed a sales

This answer was rated:

On Friday 20 April 2018, my wife and I signed a sales agreement to purchase a pre used Static Holiday Home for the sum of £32,995.00 and paid a deposit of £500.00. We wish to cancel the sales agreement and possibly recover the deposit less any costs incurred to the seller. Where do we stand as the sales slip says that we have agreed to purchase. Do we have any way to get out of the deal? Is there a 'cooling off' period? Are we covered by the Sales of Goods Act? Can we be legally forced to complete the deal?Regards,Trevor Clarke

Thanks for your question? Where did you sign the agreement? Can you let me see a copy of the terms and conditions please? You can send this to***@******.*** and it will remain confidential.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I signed the agreement in the sellers sales office.

Thank you. The front page of the contract refers to terms and conditions on the overleaf. Can you send them too please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You should have all the pages, 16 or 17, I think in Part II. If you are referring to Part 1, they don't issue that apparently until the cash is handed over. Should I inform them that I'm going to cancel, is email sufficient or is a registered and signed document required?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry 15 pages.

You can intimate cancellation to them and I would do it both by email and by recorded delivery letter. My point is however, that I have seen nothing in the papers which would allow you to cancel. You have entered into a binding contract as far as I can see.

JGM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just to advise you that the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. Thank you for your help.