12826847

My friend is in hmp Thameside i have tried to write him a

Hi thereMy friend is in hmp Thameside i have tried to write him a letter to contact him and usually its fine but this time the prison sent it back to me and wrote Released return to sender please ..... do you think this means he has been released ?? He was going through an appeals process from a 14 year sentence and i have not heard from him in a few weeks

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

No, not necessarily. It might mean many things. Prisons are incredibly inefficient and disorganised. It might mean that he's been moved. It might mean they just can't find them.

It is possible that he has been released but not particularly likely when there are other possibilities.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok if he has been released are they allowed to write it like that on an envelope wouldent something like that be confidential

Yes, they can do that and no it is not confidential.