How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10826
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I moved into a council house in 1981 with Washngton

This answer was rated:

I moved into a council house in 1981 with Washngton Corporation and had numerous reasons to call for repairs to my roof. In 1997 I purchased the property and have had reason to call out roof repairers several times. However external work was done but no-one will go into the roof space claiming asbestos is too dangerous Once again I need roof repairs but who is responsible for the removal of the asbestos - Washington Corporation is now defuncked - I have contacted Gentoo who have taken over repairs but they deny responsibilty - who is responsible ?

Hi, thanks for your enquiry.

I am afraid to say that as you now own the property, you and you alone are responsible for getting the asbestos removed. This is because, you agreed to take the property in its existing condition at the time of your purchase and the Seller has no liability from the date you completed your purchase.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for.

If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you