How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9903
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A wealth management company requires me to send deposits to

This answer was rated:

A wealth management company requires me to send deposits to an authorised investment agency account which is called a custodian account with HSBC, The wealth management company is in difficulties and has suspended all activities. The amount is £46000. The custodian firm has been wound up so how do I go about getting my money out of the Custodian account in HSBC?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Can you show the £ is from you?

I should say that they are not showing as having appointed a liquidator or anything.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Ms Jamie. I have the on line bank transaction receipts showing account details. Also Company House for Jan Services Ltd show the firm as being wound up.

Ok - I searched Braxton Knight Ltd

Jan Services Ltd didnt go bankrupt. They simply decided to close the company.

As such you need to show the £ belongs to you and write to HSBC

Their address is:

Customer Care Team
HSBC Bank Plc, PO Box 6125,
Coventry, CV3 9GW

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

You should consider a public access Barrister to draft pleadings and represent you in Court. You can find one at:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried to get Barclays bank to recall this money from HSBC but HSBC did not respond after several weeks of investigation. How does this affect matters?

It does not. You can ask HSBC for the £ back and issue proceedings if they refuse
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you recommend a barrister who will act on no win no fee basis?