12826847

I am sure that the Government are breaching human rights to

Hi,I am sure that the Government are breaching human rights to degrading treatment law. Murderers, rapists, and pedofiles are being released from prison, and are re-offending. Allowing murderers, peadofiles, and rapists to be released from prison. Releasing these kind of people ever, leaves the public, and the victims living in fear. I think the fear, and public safety is a breach of our human rights. We are not allowed to live in fear. This is a breach of our human rights, and the governments must make appropriate laws. I would like to know: Is this the case?Kind regards,Neil O

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

No

Not really any more complicated that. It is just simply not the case.

The human rights act in fact demands that there is finality of sentence.

The public at large really live in fear in this country anyway. In fact, the rate of crime is really quite low and the rate of serious crime is minuscule.

Also, of course some of the people accused of crime, in particular rape, are innocent and entitled to be released and should never been in prison. In fact, their accusers should be in the dark.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the victims are not living in fear? E.G. The sister of a murderer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The sister of a victim of a murder
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I meant
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I was the sister, I would always been living in fear. If you were the victim of a serious rape, and the rapist was released you would always been living in fear. There is always the risk of re-offending? What do the human rights mean by living in fear?

That does not concern the public at large.

That concerns on individual member of possible a member of a very small group of people.

Not sure "fear" is the right word really anyway. More sorrow and grief.

there is a very small chance of being a victim of crime in this country anyway.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would the victims be living in fear of a serious rape?

Well, anybody may be afraid of anything.

A person does not have a claim against the government because they fell afraid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In regards ***** ***** human rights law for degrading treatment, what does living in fear actually mean, and who would it apply too?

Living in fear takes it's normal English meaning and has no relevance to the HRA.

Degrading treatment involves the state's conduct towards individuals - eg. torturing prisoners. The UK really does not commit breaches of Art 2.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, Thanks!

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/