Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have recently found out that I have been receiving a

I have recently found out that I have been receiving a pension
of my husbands that should not have been paid in full, as I am only entitiled to a portion of his teacher's pension. They have not asked what I can afford to repay but have taken £104. 53
from my works pension to put towards what I should receive from my late husbands pension. As I was receiving £551.87 to suddenly be without £656.40 a month has put me in dire straights.
I wasn't asked how much I could afford to pay back monthly and wasn't told they could take money from my pension.
I've told them I am putting my house on the market in June and will pay the amount in full when I sell it. No one will reply to a phone call or e-mail. Both these pensions are paid by North Tyneside Council.
regards
Maureen Hannard (Mrs)

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How much have you been overpaid?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I think about £5.000 to £5.500
I’m not sure how muchI should have been
getting another question which I asked but was not answered

Ok - do they accept it is their fault?

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.