Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

During September 2016, I engaged The Ridge Doctor Ltd, a

During September 2016, I engaged The Ridge Doctor Ltd, a roofing company in Bradford via www.mybuilder.com to replace on old roof on my bungalow. The work was completed in November 2016. In September 2017, it was leaking in three places resulting in stain damage to ceilings.I was unable to contact them to repair the roof despite a 10 year guarantee. Phone calls were unanswered and their phone numbers discontinued and registered letters to the business address and the home address of the Director were returned unopened. The company was dissolved in October 2017 and the website, www.mybuilder.com removed them from their list of traders. The roof cost £15k, and I have had to spend a further £9k in putting right the botched work of the original company. What should I do to prevent them from ripping off anyone else and maybe recuperating the cost of putting right the poor workmanship? I do have photographic evidence of the poor workmanship if needed.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How did you pay for the roof in 2016?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was paid for by bank transfer

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.