Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Facebook told me I was one of the million facebook profiles

Facebook told me I was one of the million facebook profiles that was taken by Cambridge analyitca. One of my friends used the app. They informed my name, date of birth, open profile and page likes were taken without permission, Do I have a claim?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

This is a very recent development and at present it is difficult to say what, if anything, the ‘victims’ may be entitled to. Saying that, lawsuits have already been filed and users like yourself have started the ball rolling. However, this is an unprecedented case so it would be best advisable to wait and see how it develops before deciding on what to do.

As with any similar claims, it is best done as a class action, meaning you get together with many others in the same position as you and do a group claim. For example of one, see here:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/apr/10/cambridge-analytica-and-facebook-face-class-action-lawsuit

You will see the details of the lawyers dealing with this at the bottom and you may wish to consider contacting them to see if they are willing to take on further clients to include in the class action. Also you will see the claim has been made in the US, so to pursue this individually will probably be quite complex and expensive but if you had a group claim, dealt with by one set of lawyers, it means they will do all the work for all of you at the same time, rather than you having to struggle through it individually.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Yeah, I had a feeling. Though it is pretty bad though right? I wondered and I shall wait. It just popped up on the log on screen! No email though.. Random, then like the wind it went!

I have seen them as well, although I was not affected. It is indeed quite bad and made even worse by all the negative publicity it has attracted, but we shall see what the courts think about it