Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I answered an advert for PPI from claims direct in 2017 and

I answered an advert for PPI from claims direct in 2017 and was told the search would take a max. Of 24weeks. Every time I have phoned I have been assured progress is being made and a new date given for enquiries. . I last phoned before going on holiday to be told they were waiting for The Bank of Scotland and my search would definitely be concluded end of March this year. When I rang I was told the firm had become insolvent. Claims Direct, Ground Floor,Suite A 2. princess House,Princess Way SA13LW.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to ask me about this today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do I have any chance of getting my money back? I paid £495.00 no claim no fee when I registered.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am away from home for a week from Sunday 6th to Sunday 13th and will not be available for a telephone response but will be able to get Internet from time to time. I will be in France.

Are you on a Uk or French number ?

Are you on a Uk or French number ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Neither! Can receive emails when we go to the local pub or cafe

I assume you are based in the Uk though?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
we live in the U.K but are on holiday

OK - what is it you want to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do I have any chance of getting my deposit of £495back?Ifso how?

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.