F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I would like to ask a question regarding tenancy contract.

Hello, I would like to ask a question regarding tenancy contract.

Hello - please tell me the question and all relevant info - thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have signed a tenancy contract fof a period of 6 months, but I am not happy with the household. My question is can I brake the contract, or I am obliged to stay and pay where I feel not good. Thank you.

You are not entitled to break the tenancy agreement once you have entered into it unless there is a provision in the agreement allowing it which would be unusual.

Depending on why you’re not happy with the property, you may have a claim against the landlord or whoever it is which is causing the problems. It depends what’s wrong with the property