F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Jo, I have just received an email from my insurance broker

Hi Jo,
I have just received an email from my insurance broker that my cab insurer as gone bankrupt and I tried severally to get in touch with them through the telephone number given on the email, all to no avail, I also sent an email asking for an alternative method of getting in touch with the but without reply.
Please, help, What else can I do?
Hamed

When you say cab insurance do you mean taxi insurance?

Do you mean the insurance company has gone bust or the broker?

I know one insurer that is gone down the tubes recently which is Alpha. Is that the insurer?

What do you want to know? Whether you are still insured or whether you need to arrange new insurance?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Answers to all your questions are YES and I want to know whether I am still insured or not.1. I mean Taxi Insurance
2. The insurance company (Alpha the insurer) is gone down the tube but I got them and communicate with them through cover my cab the insurance broker
3. I want to confirm whether I am still insured or need to arrange new insurance despite the fact that the broker sent an email informing me to about the incidence. The broker also gave me their phone number to get in touch but all my efforts at calling were not fruitful.

I am a consultant to a small insurance provider (who do different kinds of insurance than motor) and that’s why I was aware that Alpha have gone down the tubes. He is aiming to move all his clients to other insurers.

Alpha will continue to deal with existing claims but will not deal with new ones and therefore, you are not insured.

The Financial Conduct authority have issued this statement that you will need to obtain alternative insurance immediately: You are not now insured.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/statements/alpha-insurance-as-declared-bankrupt

I’m sorry to say that the chances of you receiving any money back in respect of any premiums paid for cover which you have not received, is remote.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I’m happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.