Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

It took 26 weeks to change the signatories on an

It took 26 weeks to change the signatories on an organisation`s cheque book
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to ask me about this please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry about the delay and the vagueness of the request. As you will see from my original communication We were 26 weeks, waiting for the signatories to be confirmed, and a new cheque book to be issued by this Bank.
You will also understand from the document I forwarded it took many visits to this Bank and several different form filling events.
So the question is do we have a strong case to take to the Banking Ombudsman for compensation?

Have you made a formal complaint to the bank yet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not yet spoken regarding this 26 week period, however our treasurer Mr Wishvas Marwaha had a lengthy phone conversation earlier in the year, and was given a small payment as compensation for his troubles.
Before I take our complaint to the Bank I thought it wise to get any facts on claiming compensation from you.

Ok - you can't go to the Ombudsman yet then.

You need to write and make a formal written complaint.

Once you have the response then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can then investigate the complaint for free at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

But the Ombudsman won't investigate until you have been through the Bank complaint process.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jamie, I thought I had already given you the 5 star rating, never mind I have done so again.

You have, thanks!