Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am taking a personal loan from the lending company. They

Hi..i am taking a personal loan from the lending company. They are in the final stage to complete the transfer into my account however their bank told me that IMF has hold the loan due until i procure avidaffir clerance certificates for anti terrorism.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in indonesia and my lender is USA company but based in nigeria
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The bank told me the fee will be refunded once the IMF done the verification
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: That enough for now..i need to make the payment tomorrow for USD 2,500 to get my loan completely transfer..so i really nees your help if it is apply for international lending company.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

No. This is a scam.

There is no such thing. There is no money being lent. This is purely a scam.

There is no such thing as a clearance certificate

Do NOT send any money. It is a scam.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your advise.In this context can i report this scam to BBB and claim for the upfront fee that i have paid.I have the loan agreement with details upfront fee that i have paid..i have also tax certificate from FIRS Nigeria even though i do not know if it is duplicate..Can i have report this scam to central bank of nigeria? Is it applicable to the law of nigeria?Can i take a lawyer or legal advisor to get my money back?

Yes, this is the law worldwide. There is no such thing as clearance certificate.

The reality is, your money has gone.

it will cost far more to try and sue than you have lost.

This is a common scam - advance fee fraud.

Please see:

http://www.419eater.com/

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nothing i can do to get my money back? I just can report to BBB and CBN

In reality, no.

It is gone. They are professional scammers, it is what they do.

I am so sorry. I have been a victim myself.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much for your advise..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing for me so far..but how should i contact you if i need your advise in near future?

Sure, just ask for me here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Noted. Thanks jamie

Great