How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11093
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I wonder if you could guide me in to the right direction? I

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon
I wonder if you could guide me in to the right direction?
I am a sole trader who is being wiped our by HS2 at Streethay Lichfield ! I am a riding school and this has been going on for around 6 years but the past 4 years have become very stressful where by due to the stresses from HS2 I have been signed of work for over 2 years as I am extremely depressed and anxious .HS2 are just expecting me to sell my aged ponies (ponies that have worked with me at the riding school for the past 18 years) I have not bought new ponies due to HS2 my business is taking a nose dive every week as more HS2 workmen are accessing the property and I’m so stressed I ending up in hospital last week for 4 days ! I want to SUE HS2 for the stress and anxiety they have caused me - Do you have any advice on how I can go ahead on this please?
Kind regards
Mary Waters

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Will they be purchasing your property?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jamie
The property is leased they are supposed to purchase the value of the business ( which is being dealt with by an agent) but they have caused me so much stress and anxiety I need to Sue them ! I have changed as a person I’m introvert now very anxious and very depressed I haven’t been able to make good decisions on running my own business ! I need some help

I can tell you how to do it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compnsate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

If it is more than £10,000 you want to claim then you can get a public access Barrister to draft pleadings and represent you.

You can get one at:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Who would I send it too! I would be looking at more than £10000 for the stress and anxiety I have suffered and loss of business through not being able to run my own business properly- would it be sent to the Person in Charge over our case or to his boss in HS2 ?

It would be the Government, Department of Transport I would imagine. They are the ones who are doing this.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you , would I be able to find a no win no fee solicitor or barrister who could take on a case like this?

Unlikely given the value.

But you can try local ones if you wish. You can find one here:

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you