ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Mr name is Mr Craig Buckley, debt agencies keep sending

Mr name is***** debt agencies keep sending letters to my address for a Mr Craig Brockley how do I make it stop

If you send a cease and desist letter (which is a formal letter) to a debt collector, the debt collector must stop contacting you except to tell you that:

1. it's ending communications, or.
  2. it may (or will) sue you or use another legal remedy to collect the debt.

I would also point out with some evidence in the letter that you are not the person whom they seek. Happy to discuss and please rate positive for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have heard horror stories of debt collection agencies copy and pasting signatures into credit agreements. I don't want to contact them. What concerns me is the source of the information... usually the debt is sold on to another company. I must add it is NOT my debt. I understand that this has occurred from fuzzy searching. I moved house at the start of the year and These letters are following me. I have check my credit report with one credit reference agency.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try the cease and desist letter. thank you.