ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My marraige broke up almost 2 yrs now. and since then i have

my name is ***** ***** marraige broke up almost 2 yrs now. and since then i have lived separately from my ex wife. we have 2 children together. a 4yr old and a 2 yr old...
since our separation i have been picking the children every weekend, having them atleast 2 to 3 nights. and still paying my ex for child care support.
my biggest issue is my ex is harrassing me non stop, constant demand, blackmail and threatening to drop the kids to my work place just for her to get what she wants.
whenever i pick the children on a weekend, i always have difficulty taking them back, its either she disappeared into thin air or she refused to accept them back.
Just this year i have missed work more than 5 occasions, have been late almost every week. and its really stressing life out of me.
I care about my children and i support them fully. i clothe them and provide every little things they need.
i really dnt kn what to do. am at the point of getting a warning from my work place and that might cause me my job.
Also she filed a cms case against me which with all honesty am greatful for. cause it stated on the cms how much i should be paying monthly and how long am expected to have them. but so far nothing seems to be working
all i need is just a regular and fix contact with my children
can you advice me pls

If you are seeking regular and fixed contact then you need really to apply to the court for a child arrangements order. This will give guaranteed times for when the handover takes place and where. I have attached a link to the relevant court form which is the C100 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

I have also attached a link to a book which explains the court process for about a tenner - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Please rate positive.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can i apply for the court myself or do i have to go through a solicitor?

You can apply yourself and hence why the book is so helpful. Please rate with either 4 or 5 stars

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just read on the form that its adviced i go for a family mediator first before court... how do i go about it.. and if i dnt go through a mediator would a court order still be valid or looked into.

You should try mediation if it is at all possible. It is called a MIAM. The mediator will determine whether mediation is possible or not. The order is valid when the court makes it. Whether there has been mediation or not. I have attached a link to a mediation service - http://www.nfm.org.uk/family-mediation/mediation-information-meeting-miam

Please rate positive.

Hello I see that you have looked at the answer. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i might have more question. i just want to read through the doc and books u sent me

Happy to help and please of course rate 4 or 5 stars

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks