Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am owner of car but not register keeper they towed my car

i am owner of car but not register keeper they towed my car as register keeper did not pay parking tickets

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i like to know if bailiffs can take car which is parked at private land and when owner not have any parking tickets

Why is it not registered to you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is not register on me as i use it very rale different person used it offen and i don't wont pay her parking tickets
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you please answer my question if they can take car belongs to some one

In that case they are entitled to seize the vehicle. There is no way around it.

The fine is hers. She is the registered keeper. They can seize it to recover.

You could try to recover it on the basis that you are the owner but you need to go to court and prove that and the fact that she does use it often is very damaging.

They were certainly entitled to seize.

There is always a presumption that the registered keeper is the owner until it is rebutted.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i think i can pay her this tickets to have it back when i go to court can i have this money back i have all details that i bought car with my cash as atransfer from bank ,do i have chance to win i need car to drive to my job
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you please answer on my last question
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
haw i can recover this car with option do not pay some one tickets via court, i have all invoices about car and bank transfer to dealer when i bought car with cask myself
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i need answer on my last question .she disappeared
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you have my queztion as i have already pay for service

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I see the expert has opted out.

Why were the tickets not paid?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hey i answer that re3gister keeper did not receive correspondence

How many tickets?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4 tickets

So 4 tickets, she never had the reminders, never had notice to owner, never had warning letter from bailiffs. So that would be at least 10 pieces of correspondence ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
she was living abroad from December last year and come back to London now in may
my problem is that i wont take car back as i am owner do i have chance to win at court i don't have tickets on my name what i have to put in claim

you will need a court order.

You need to complete form n208

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n208-eng.pdf

The court will list the matter down for hearing and decide whether to order it is returned.

There is a chance to get it back, yes.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks i will go on Monday to court ,maybe i will need later another session with you thanks you have this 5 star nice weekend