F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My landlord has issues with the property management agent

Hello,My landlord has issues with the property management agent who is continuously behind with the monthly rent payments however the agent receives the rent from me way in advance each month. I received an email from the landlord instructing me to pay rent directly to him not the agent from now on.
Should I follow this instruction and what are the consequences if I do so or if I do not.Thank you.
Daniel Lengyel
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Is anything happening, anyone read my question? I posted 5 days ago.

Hello sorry your question wasnt showing on my list -

for clarification - how long have you lived in property and has this issue happened everytime?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I moved in 20 Feb. 2018. As much as I know the agency was late to forward the rent to the landlord since the first month.

The agent is the agent of the landlord, not you and if the landlord instructs you to pay rent directly to him, that is what you should do although if the rental agreement says that you should pay the agent, that needs to be altered.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I’m happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! (Although there is an incentive scheme where the more five-star ratings I get, I do actually get a pat on the head! :-)) All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you.

If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much taking your time.