12826847

Can an ex prisoner date an ex prison officer

can an ex prisoner date an ex prison officer

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

There isn't a law against it but it is almost certainly contrary to the prison officer's contract whether the prisoner has been released or not.

Nobody in a prison should be contractually allowed to have relationships with released or incarcerated prisoners.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if the prison officer no longer works for the prison service there would potentially be no problem them dating an ex prisoner then is that correct
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
basicly want to know if a prison officer has left the prison service is there any law that says they cant date a former prisoner
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank u

No.

That is not correct. That is not what I said.

Contractually there almost certainly would be a prohibition on this and so there would be an outcome.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But if someone no longer works for the prison service they can surely date who ever they chose
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They wouldn't be under contract with the prison service therefore are under no obligations,

It depends on the terms of their contract. Probably it covers them for a period after like many employment contracts.

This is quite strictly enforced.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/