12826847

Can an ex prisoner date an ex prison officer

can an ex prisoner date an ex prison officer

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

There isn't a law against it but it is almost certainly contrary to the prison officer's contract whether the prisoner has been released or not.

Nobody in a prison should be contractually allowed to have relationships with released or incarcerated prisoners.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if the prison officer no longer works for the prison service there would potentially be no problem them dating an ex prisoner then is that correct
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
basicly want to know if a prison officer has left the prison service is there any law that says they cant date a former prisoner
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank u

No.

That is not correct. That is not what I said.

Contractually there almost certainly would be a prohibition on this and so there would be an outcome.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But if someone no longer works for the prison service they can surely date who ever they chose
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They wouldn't be under contract with the prison service therefore are under no obligations,

It depends on the terms of their contract. Probably it covers them for a period after like many employment contracts.

This is quite strictly enforced.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/