31090051

I have been asked to send copies of my bank statements to my

I have been asked to send copies of my bank statements to my ex husbands solicitor as part of my form E financial settlement form - I don't want to do this as I feel it breaches the new data protection law - I don't mind taking them personally to the hearing but I am reluctant to pass them to his solicitor. Please advise

Thanks for your question. This has nothing to do with data protection laws. They don’t apply in these circumstances. In any matrimonial case each side has a duty of disclosure in relation to financial assets. That is what you are doing. Your husband has to do the same. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you for your advice