Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Mr Buachaill, I have question. So at this point do I sue BMW

Hello Mr Buachaill,I have a follow up question. So at this point do I sue BMW or try to get compensation from them and explaining the reasons why I think I’ll win the case if I take it to court. I would like to draft an email I can send to them. Is that something that you can do and I pay more?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. The first thing you need to realise is that this is a website for informational purposes only. It does not purport to offer legal advice or to engage in representing Customers of the website. So, if you want someone to represent you, you should continue with your existing solicitor and get them to draft any email you wish to send. Secondly, you should sue BMW at this stage if you wish to get compensation. Otherwise, your action will end up statute barred for being outside of time. Essentially, once you have legal proceedings issued, then you can continue to negotiate with BMW if that is what you wish. However, you should expect to litigate with them in court, as this is the pattern with all German car manufacturers.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.