31090051

I had lasting power of attorney for my Dad, who passed away

I had lasting power of attorney for my Dad, who passed away last September. I have had correspondence from finance assistance (he was in care homes) saying that there is an outstanding debt of £3,500 approx. As there are no funds left am I liable for paying the debt?

An outstanding debt like this is the responsibility of the executor or representative of the estate. What funds did your father have at the date of his death and what happened to them?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry the web site is jumping about. There was £22,100 out of which as executer, I paid all the funeral costs and paid for the stone mason. With the left over funds I distributed the funds as per my fathers wishes to 10 people named in his will. As I had been advised by the pension people and the nursing home that there was nothing out standing I did not know anything about this debt. The funds are now all gone.