How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35010
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I recently bought a used car from a dealership, however on

This answer was rated:

I recently bought a used car from a dealership, however on the same day i bought the car i noticed a fault, i have told the dealership about this, advised that i should take the vehicle to a different garage. which i have done they have told me the fault and that the car is dangerous to drive as the wheel alignment is out- i took the car back to the dealership to request a refund and was told i would not receive a refund. They have also only received half of the MOT and half of the failed MOT paperwork. I have sent them a letter to request a refund which i still have not received- Can I take them to small claims court? Would I need a solicitor for this?

You should tell the dealership that you are not accepting the car and want your money back and any losses arising. I would also contact trading standards. Give the dealership a reasonable period of time to resolve the issue then sue them in the small claims court at - you do not need a solicitor for this service. Happy to discuss and please rate 4 or 5 stars for my time.

ivorylounge and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you