12826847

I have received a PCN (via camera), of me entering a

Hi, I have received a PCN (via camera), of me entering a restricted entry road, my fault as I did not see the signage, I was in an unfamiliar area as well. There are three occurrences and three fines. The PCN was in January and was issued to the rental company within 14 days, however I have only just received the PCN myself in May. It is also addressed wrongly and it is only by sheer luck that I have the PCN in my possession.Is their a time period outside of which the fines become void?
Also, the address was issued by the rental company wrongly for some reason, but shouldn't the council be sending it to my address listed with the DVLA?Thank you.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

is this a council issue fine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is.

There is a time limit but it is six months.

Also, it is not really settled law whether it is met when they issue a PCN or get it before the adjudicator. Given all the authorities I would expect the determination to be that it was at the time of the PCN.

If this is a CCTV PCN though they have 28 days to send it to the registered keeper.

If there was a cross over in the change of names at the DVLA then they would complied I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Jo, I don't understand the second and third line of conversation. Could you clarify that please.

It is not clear law. It is open to debate.

I would expect any decision of the higher courts to conclude that the issue of the PCN within six months is sufficient.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for clarifying that, and for your help. Have a great day.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/